Contacts and FAQs
Any questions? Get in touch with the Enrolment Centre:
- Call +31 (0)70 445 85 85 on weekdays between 9am and 5pm (Central European Time)
- Fill out the contact form
For questions about courses or other study related questions such as book lists, timetables and how to apply for exemptions, please contact your faculty front office.
Are you a current student at THUAS? Find the answer to your question on the Student Portal.
We will usually ask you to upload documents in our administration system Osiris Application. But if we specifically ask you to send us any documents, please use:
The Hague University of Applied Sciences
PO Box 13336
2501 EH The Hague
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I can’t log in to my THUAS account. Can you help?
2. I’m experiencing problems logging in to Osiris Application. What do I do?
3. My Studielink account has been blocked. What now?
Get in touch with the Enrolment Centre and ask us to unblock it.
4. How do I change my address details?
Log into Studielink and you can change your address. However, if your new address is in The Netherlands and you have notified your (new) municipality, we will automatically be informed.
How to apply
1. What is the difference between application and enrolment?
You apply for a degree programme in Studielink when you’re interested. You enrol once we’ve checked that you meet all the requirements and have submitted all the right documents on time. You have to be enrolled to attend classes and sit exams.
2. How/where can I provide proof of enrolment?
Just follow a few easy steps. Open your Osiris Student account. Click on ‘personal details’, then ‘degree programme’ and ‘enrolment status for degree programme’. This page shows you the degree programme you’ve enrolled on. On the right, you’ll see a link to ‘declaration(s) of enrolment’. From here, download a declaration for every academic year. The secure PDF file is in Dutch and English with a digital signature.
3. How/where can I provide proof of my tuition fee payment?
If you’re enrolled for a minor or degree programme at another university in the Netherlands as well as your degree with us and pay statutory tuition fees, you can request a proof of tuition fee payment (BBC). You’re only required to pay tuition fees once. A BBC is issued once per academic year. You can request a BBC form online. We’ll send the document to your home address within five working days.
4. Is my enrolment complete?
You can see if your enrolment is complete in Studielink under ‘my degree programmes’ and ‘status’. If it says ‘in progress’, please log on to Osiris Application to find out what you still need to do. If it says ‘enrolled’, you’ve completed the process. Unable to find it? Contact the Enrolment Centre and we’ll help you out.
5. When can I start studying at THUAS?
There’s only one intake per year in September. In some cases, programmes may allow you to start later on with an interim registration form (see next question). Non EU students and students with a residence permit for study cannot make use of this registration form.
6. Can I register for a degree programme after 1 September?
Unfortunately, this usually isn’t possible. In very exceptional cases, the faculty director may allow you to start during the academic year.
Once you have applied via Studielink, we will invite you to explain why you have missed the start of the year, why you wish to enrol, and why you think it is still possible to catch up.
Please note, if you do not have legal residency in The Netherlands, or if you hold a residences permit for study, it is never possible to enrol during the academic year.
7. How do I change my degree programme?
If you want to switch to a different degree programme next academic year you can register via Studielink. Please check out which deadlines apply to you. If you want to change degree programme during the academic year, you must get permission from the faculty director and complete an interim registration (see question: Can I register for a degree programme that has already started after 1 September?)
8. Are family members allowed to request information about my application/enrolment?
No, this is not possible due to privacy reasons. Are you a (prospective) student of the Hague University of Applied Sciences and you would like somebody else to reach out to us on your behalf, we will need your consent to be able to share information. The information we share by telephone or by mail involves your application/enrolment and the entry requirements which are applicable. Please fill out this webform.
1. How much tuition fee do I need to pay?
Go to the tuition fee section on our website. The government sets the statutory tuition fee amount and decides who is entitled to this (as stated in the Higher Education and Research Act). THUAS decides on institutional tuition fees.
2. I have a Dutch residence permit. Does that entitle me to statutory tuition fees?
In some cases, you may be eligible for statutory tuition fees with a Dutch residence permit. We’ll let you know which additional documents you’ll need to submit during the registration process. Go to the tuition fee section on our website for more information.
3. How do I arrange for my employer to pay my tuition fees?
This is arranged with a guarantor's declaration. Both you and your employer must sign. Your employer will then receive an invoice.
4. How do I arrange a direct debit payment or change my payment details?
Complete an authorisation form. Your parent/guardian must sign for you if you’re under 18.
5. What shall I do if I miss a payment?
This all depends on how many payment instalments you’ve missed.
- If you’ve missed one instalment, you’ll be sent an email reminder from Student Accounts Receivables Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a link to complete your payment online.
- If you’ve missed two payments, we’ll send you a final reminder about automatic de-registration. If payment is still not received, your THUAS account will be blocked and you’ll no longer be able to register for exams. They’ll unblock your account once everything has been paid.
- If you miss three instalments, we’ll hand the case over to our collection agency. You will have to pay any legal costs and interest.
Any more questions? Contact the Student Accounts Receivable Department (stating your student number) at email@example.com or call +31 (0)70 445 88 63.
6. When will the tuition fees be debited from my bank account?
This overview tells you on which dates the tuition fee instalments for the academic year 2022-2023 will be debited from your account. You will also find the amount of each instalment.
1. Am I eligible for admission?
2. I don’t meet the entry requirements. Are there any alternative ways to get in?
Yes there are some alternatives. Please check Entry requirements for more information.
3. Do you have an international diploma?
If you have an international diploma, the Enrolment Centre will decide if it meets the admission requirements.