The English Academic Preparation Programme helps you improve your English and academic skills and is a perfect springboard to your studies in the truly international city of The Hague.
The English Academic Preparation programme is taught by The Hague Pathway College, as a close partner of The Hague University of Applied Sciences. The programme will help you gain the level of English and study skills you need to enroll in The Hague University of Applied Sciences English-language Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
The students will work in an international and interactive learning environment, developing academic skills such as researching, academic reading and essay writing, as well as presenting skills and working in teams on projects.
In order to be admitted into the English Academic Preperation Programme you need to:
- be eligible for the follow up Bachelor's or Master's degree programme of your choice offered by The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- meet the English entry requirements (see below)
The minimum English requirements for the prep school are mentioned in the table below.
|Type prep school||
We also accept:
- equivalent scores for TOEFL or Cambridge
- home testing version of TOEFL IBT test for which you can register online (temporary additional testing option)
- Chinese students can take the TOEFL ITP Plus for China test (temporary additional testing option)
Exemption is offered to students who completed the official IB, British or American curriculum either in the UK, USA or abroad.
- students with a non-EU/EEA nationality need to have a valid residence permit during their study.
- students with a Chinese nationality need to have applied for a NUFFIC certificate before the deadline.
About campus life
The Hague University of Applied Sciences is a mini United Nations with a blend of 150 nationalities on campus. You'll get access to our state-of-the-art facilities, from a high-tech library to free Wi-Fi and on-site cafés. You'll soon make new friends and feel part of our diverse international community.
About The Hague
Located in the heart of The Hague, our students get an all-round experience, from galleries packed with Dutch masters to idyllic beaches and parks, and buzzing nightclubs. As the International City of Peace, Justice and Security, The Hague is bursting with international legal institutions. Since 1913, the Peace Palace has been a centre of world justice, hosting the permanent Court of Arbitrations and the International Court of Justice. You'll also find the International Yugoslavia Tribunal, Europol and the International Criminal Court in The Hague, along with many other courts, tribunals and NGOs.
Because we are a Dutch university of applied sciences, you'll experience a hands-on, open, minded and interactive learning environment. We employ a problem-solving approach, just like the real professional world, with exercises that nurture personal leadership skills, like games, debate and group work.