RefWorks is an online tool that allows you to manage literature references. You can import references from online databases and other sources. With RefWorks you can use these references while writing your paper, thesis, article or dissertation. It also helps you to automatically format the reference list (bibliography), which only takes a few seconds.
If you are going to use RefWorks, you must first log in and create a RefWorks account.
Please note: the old RefWorks Legacy environment is no longer accessible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reference backup. References can be requested until October 30, 2023.
It is mandatory to include a bibliography of used sources such as articles, books and websites in a report. If you don't, you're plagiarizing. Referring to used literature must follow certain rules.
Without RefWorks you would have to manually compile all references in APA style, even when using MS Word. That takes a lot of time and effort. When you use RefWorks, you have more time for the content of the assignment or thesis. The library has a license to RefWorks and the library offers workshops and support.
With RefWorks you can:
- collect and store literature references; it is possible to export references from databases. You can also do this from Google Scholar or WorldCat. You can also enter references manually.
- manage literature references by organizing them in folders, providing them with keywords, deduplication and searching.
- share references with others using shared folders or shared RefWorks accounts.
- generate a bibliography, where you can choose different styles (APA, MLA, Vancouver, Harvard, etc.).
- use the Word add-on RCM (RefWorks Citation Manager) to quote in the text.
APA source citation
The APA style is most commonly used within The Hague University of Applied Sciences. In the APA manual you will find many examples and explanations about how to quote in the text according to the APA standards and how to make a bibliography.
Tools for using RefWorks and APA:
Want to know more or need help?
Contact person for RefWorks:
Niloufar Soekhai, email@example.com